Monday, May 23, 2022

THE POWER, ABUNDANCE AND PRESENCE OF THE UNIVERSE

 It was a beautiful sunny California day. I was driving to visit my youngest daughter. I had prepared one of her favorite foods.  I received a request from my granddaughter to please drive thru and pick her up some fries she loved.  I was grateful to to do this. Not only was it easy, but before long she would be grown up .

I ordered the food and after about 20 minutes the line had not moved. I heard something about a problem in the kitchen. I had decided not to let this disturb me. I looked at all the beautiful trees, plants and white flowers planted beside my car.

A line from a favorite poem came to my mind. It is, "Oh gentle presence, peace and joy and power."  As I looked at the greenery and flowers moving gently in the breeze, I felt so connected to the peaceful presence of the Universe. I thought about the Milky Way, the millions of stars and planets in our solar system and beyond. Everything was held in peace, abundance and yet in a gentle powerful presence.

This beautiful granddaughter was grateful I brought her the request. Also my daughter was thrilled to get one of her favorite homemade foods and requested I not forget to write the family recipe for her!

I am so grateful to have this connection to the divine and blessed to have a sweet family of girls.