Sunday, October 25, 2020

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW, WHERE TROUBLES MELT LIKE LEMON DROPS

The title of this post are lyrics from the song of a classic favorite movie, The Wizard of Oz.  I was thinking about the message in this movie. We are led down the yellow brick road. Our destination is unsure and fraught with challenges, and also new aquaintinces. All in an effort for Dorothy to find her way back to Kansas. The Lion, Scarecrow and Tin Man were also looking for things that would make them whole.

Along the path the Wicked Witch and her monkeys were trying to delay this foursome from attaining their goals. Does this sound familiar? We are all traveling our own roads, looking for answers and ways to accomplish our goals.

At one time in my career I was managing a large prominent real estate office with 150 agents. I always shared positive and encouraging information during my weekly sales meetings. This proved to be helpful for business and personal relationships in my agents lives.

I always had helpful tools and books on my desk that were meaningful. One day a thoughtful and curious agent picked up something related to this movie from my desk. He asked what is the meaning of this? I responded that the Ruby Red shoes were always on Dorothys feet, and at any time she had the ability to click her heels together and go home.  The Tin Man, Lion and Scarecrow already had within them what they thought they were lacking. The Wicked Witch is the element trying to frighten and deter us. The Good Witch was our protection always with us to help and guide.

We always create our own reality. We sometimes need these journeys to realize our full potential and accomplishments. Yet the answers and solutions to our lives have always been right here within us.